January 27, 2011

Easy Bake Oven knock-off recipes

My daughter got an EasyBake oven for Christmas.....first we bought the oven and then we realized how expensive those little packets of cake mix were......Grrr!

As we were mixing our one and only sample of cake mix that was included in the box, I started thinking....there has got to be someone out there who has made a knock-off recipe....and there was!!

HERE is the site!!  Brownies....cookies...cakes!  Wonderful money-saving recipes! 

Here's how we made the chocolate cake....

Measure 1 cup of sugar.....


Add 3 Tablespoons of unsweeted cocoa powder....



Add 1 1/2 cups of flour....


1 teaspoon baking soda...




and 1/2 teaspoon of salt





Using a pastry knife (or 2 knives), cut in 1/3 cup of vegetable shortening....



Hmmm.....I am thinking that I must have used 2 forks to cut in the shortening.....and I wonder why my baked goods don't always taste so good.....


Your mixture should be evenly mixed at this point.....I then measured about 1/3 cup of the mixture into baggies.....The recipe calls for making 11 bags, but I think that I only filled 9....hmmmm.....not sure how that happened!  Store for up to 12 weeks.






To make a cake:


Add 4 tsp. of water to 1 bag of mix....
Put into preheated EasyBake oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.  (Be sure to grease and flour your pan or you get a BIG mess...not speaking from experience or anything!)



It works....the finished product was devoured too quickly to take a picture! 

Important note......I wouldn't fill the cake pan quite so high.....it came up over the pan and it's not easy to clean the inside of an EasyBake oven....Grr!!!


7 comments:

angie said...

good to know! i can't wait to get my daughter an easy bake oven...but she's only 1 so i have awhile ;)

Sharon said...

Baking powder (as you wrote) or baking soda (as you show)? I wish this was around when my youngest (son...shhh!) got his Easy Bake Oven (like 12 years ago!). Great post!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

soda...oops! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

christmasrose said...

Quick question!!!! Is it baking powder or baking soda???? The picture says soda BUT a comment is referring to baking powder....Was this post updated????

Hank Steve said...

HP Printer Customer Care Number
HP Printer Customer service Number

Online Front said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may be helpful in future.
Our Services:
Digital marketing Company
SMM Services
PPC Ads Services
PPC Services in Delhi
Our Partners:
Gas stove repair

ahmed deraz said...

خدمات راس الخيمة - بيت العز
شركة مكافحة الرمة راس الخيمة
شركة مكافحة الفئران راس الخيمة

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...