January 1, 2011

Reminders.....

I've been pouting.....and crying......and pouting.......and crying some more....

My computer died yesterday......we're not sure exactly how, but I think that it has something to do with the word "yank" and my daughter....

I know that it was an old computer, but still my heart broke.......my husband assured me that we can recover all of the data on it, but I felt disconnected....lost......

....all of my homeschooling documents, lessons, plans.......are on it....

.....all of my pictures, memories, Bible studies......are on it.....

.....all of my blog pictures, future posts and bookmarks....are on it.....

.....and new computers are expensive.....very expensive.....and I was just trying to get to the end of the month of December somewhat in the black......we had a very expensive ER visit for my daughter mid-way through the month....

We decided to purchase a new computer......we found an amazing deal......I still walked out of the store unsettled.....

As I was beginning to restore what was lost, I was adding The Nester to my favorites and I came across her video tribute to Life in Grace.....

....Edie from Life in Grace and her family lost everything a few days before Christmas.....her children barely making it out of her house before it completely burned to the ground.......

.....and I cried because my computer broke?

How do I get so misguided??  How do I forget what really matters? 

Is it the picture or the smell of my daughter's hair.....the picture or the warm hugs from my sons.....

....the homeschool lesson plans or the shared moments in the schoolroom with 3 vibrant children whom my heart adores.....

....the Bible study outline or the constant  connection with my Heavenly Father....


I was reminded tonight of what matters.....what's really important...

I'm going up to give my children an extra hug and kiss.....

.....and to pray for a family who may have lost their "earthly" treasures, but continue to build their
heavenly treasures.....



2 comments:

Julie said...

That is so wierd. I found her blog (edie from Life in Grace) this week off of one I follow for recipes and crafts called hometown girl. I was so sad for her. She has been on mind since I read that and wondered how you handle that. It was a good reminder to me of the things we have and think are so importand are just that things. Her passion encourage me that there is so much more out there that God has for us. Not just a bunch of earthly things. Things like the smell of my little ones breathe when they first wake up to give me a kiss or laying in bed reading them a bedtime story. Anyways I thought that was weird I found that blog this week to after all there is prob. like a million out there. Way to go on your blog I really enjoy all your thrifty craft ideas.

salma said...


تنظيف بالاحساء افضل شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
تنظيف شقق بالدمام تنظيف شقق بالدمام
تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة
تنظيف شقق بالرياض تنظيف شقق بالرياض



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...