January 9, 2011

Old windows week....

I love old windows.....I haven't counted, but I definitely have well over 10 in my house!  "Why do I decorate with old windows"......well......because most of they time, they are FREE!!!

 
How can I turn away free??  I will probably never get in a car accident for texting while driving, but I may cause an accident because I spotted an old window in the trash and quickly pulled off the road!  My children are highly embarassed by their mother's trash-picking habit!!


Before I share my ideas, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what Stacie has done over at




She added some chicken wire, scrapbook paper and vinyl letters to make this gorgeous creation!  She even scrapbook-papered some clothespins to match!  So easy!




How about mixing fabric with chicken wire??  The complete tutorial is found HERE.  She also uses mod-podged clothespins for picture hangers!


I want to make this flag for my deck this summer.....


Her complete tutorial can be found HERE.

I've made bookshelves, shadow boxes, bulletin board, pot racks, and chalkboards from mine.....I'll show you this week!

Also...I'm working on a gorgeous wreath for your door for Valentine's day.....total cost should be under $4.00!!!!



1 comment:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

I have a "window sickness" as well! No shame in it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...