January 2, 2011

Epsom Salt Jars


So these Epsom salt jars are popping up everywhere on decorating blogs.....or I should say they "popped up" everywhere over Christmas....


Domestically Speaking had them mixed in with cranberries for a beautiful centerpiece.....

Thrifty Parsonage Living covered candles and styrofoam balls with them....

Like I said in an earlier post.....I removed my Christmas mantel a lot sooner this year and it left a HUGE hole in my living room.....I just had to reclaim some type of order in my Christmas-trashed house!

So.....one thing that I wanted to make to fill my mantel-hole was Epsom coverd jars.....what's awesome about this project is that it's basically FREE!!!!  I love free!!

Do you have old spaghetti jars?  salsa jars?  any type of glass jars??  Well...then you are ready to roll!


....wash your jars well and run to The Dollar Tree and grab a $1.00 container of Epsom salt....if you have Mod Podge you can use it, but thinned white glue works just as well!



Dump a pile of Epsom salts on your "fine china"........



Paint your jar with glue or Mod Podge.....



Roll on the plate....



Stand back and enjoy the cheap loveliness that you just made......(mine is still drying.....the white streaks will disappear....)


I also rolled a candle that my son purchased for me at the AWANA store for Christmas.....


I put a rubber band around the candle so that there's a nice line of Epsom salts...


I'd really like to get a pretty silver ribbon to wrap around it....



This is part one of my el-cheapo winter mantle decor.....I'll show your part two tomorrow and the big reveal....

Part two involves a stick from my back yard and some spraypaint!!

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

What a great idea. I'm sure those jars look amazing all lit up too. Can't wait to see the rest of the mantle project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...